I’m Dan Maharry, a UK-based editor and writer. I’ve worked for Microsoft, Wiley, APress, Wrox, and many others. I love learning how technology works and discovering how best to teach that with words, code, and pictures. I've been a .NET developer with past stints for the dotCoop TLD registry and various web development houses and I wrote a technical, code-related blog between 1999 and 2012.
These days I’m a development editor for Manning Publications. This allows me to learn ever more about new frameworks and disciplines and to share my experience in writing and teaching with many authors. Currently I’m working on a number of books on web development, data science, and big data.
From 2013 to 2016, I’ve also presented a weekly radio show called Sixalot that plays a mish-mash of metal, rock, electronica, soundtracks and the stuff in between. I also write an occasional newsletter called From Up On Steepness Hill to which you can subscribe here.
- July 1 2016: Sixalot is now on hiatus until I find a new home for the show.
- 10 Dec: Music of 2015: The musical highlights of 2015
- 20 Oct 2015: A Baker’s Dozen for 2015. Updated post the end of Sixalot.
- 08 Dec: Music of 2014: The musical highlights of 2014 as filtered through The Sixalot Show
- 20 Oct: Resurrecting my Flickr account. It will contains the original photos for various desktop wallpaper packages around the web.
- 18 Jan 2014: Music of 2013: My favourite albums, single tracks and videos of the year.
- 09 Sep: I started a new venture today. A weekly hour long radio show called Sixalot every Monday at 2300 UK time. You can read its facebook page, and listen to all previous shows on mixcloud.
- 12 Mar: I’m very happy to say I am now a Developmental Editor for Manning Publications, the finest boutique tech publishers in the world.
- 30 Jan 2013: My latest book - TypeScript Revealed - is now available as a physical book and in all common eBook formats from online stores.
- 20 Dec: Music of 2012: The top twelve albums and four good vids for good measure.
- 25 Sep: Released the NotMetro theme for dotNetBlogEngine.
- 24 Sep 2012: A Baker’s Dozen: Or How I Started Learning to Stop Worrying and Enjoy Writing Again