I’m Dan Maharry, a UK-based editor and writer. I’ve worked for Microsoft, Wiley, APress, Wrox, Manning Publications and many others. I love learning how technology works and discovering how best to teach that with words, code, and pictures. I've been a .NET developer with past stints for the dotCoop TLD registry and various web development houses and I wrote a technical, code-related blog between 1999 and 2012.
Currently I am a Senior Content Manager for the Children’s Dictionaries department at Oxford University Press.
From 2013 to 2016, I’ve also presented a weekly radio show called Sixalot that plays a mish-mash of metal, rock, electronica, soundtracks and the stuff in between. I also write an occasional newsletter called From Up On Steepness Hill to which you can subscribe here.
- May 8 2017: Having been a freelance editor for since 2010, I’m happy to say I now have a full time role with Oxford University Press devising and delivering a digital strategy for their children’s dictionary team.
- July 1 2016: Sixalot is now on hiatus until I find a new home for the show.
- 10 Dec: Music of 2015: The musical highlights of 2015
- 20 Oct 2015: A Baker’s Dozen for 2015. Updated post the end of Sixalot.
- 08 Dec: Music of 2014: The musical highlights of 2014 as filtered through The Sixalot Show
- 20 Oct: Resurrecting my Flickr account. It will contains the original photos for various desktop wallpaper packages around the web.
- 18 Jan 2014: Music of 2013: My favourite albums, single tracks and videos of the year.
- 09 Sep: I started a new venture today. A weekly hour long radio show called Sixalot every Monday at 2300 UK time. You can read its facebook page, and listen to all previous shows on mixcloud.
- 12 Mar: I’m very happy to say I am now a Developmental Editor for Manning Publications, the finest boutique tech publishers in the world.
- 30 Jan 2013: My latest book - TypeScript Revealed - is now available as a physical book and in all common eBook formats from online stores.
- 20 Dec: Music of 2012: The top twelve albums and four good vids for good measure.
- 25 Sep: Released the NotMetro theme for dotNetBlogEngine.
- 24 Sep 2012: A Baker’s Dozen: Or How I Started Learning to Stop Worrying and Enjoy Writing Again